• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Best way to recover?

G

GeBe

Hello Bluelight,

So things have been a bit shit for the last 6 months, I have been drinking alcohol, smoking weed and doing GBL most days, with my usage increasing over time. I was drinking about 6-12 units a day, smoking between 2-10 joints a day and doing multiple GBL doses (usually until blacking out) most days after I persuading myself it was a good idea after a few pints. Prior to the last 6 or so months I did drink quite a lot and smoke weed maybe 3 times a week. After overdosing quite badly I have taken a bit of a break which has helped me to reevaluate my use and I was wondering what steps I could take to help myself recover.

The morning anxiety, lack of sleep and overwhelming desire to get anywhere but sober has thankfully just about gone. Persisting problems are quite a large number of floaters in my vision, I know everyone has them but I definitely have a lot more than I used to. My vision is also a little pixelated with white walls looking a little grainy and not of a consistent colour. These problems are amplified when I am tired or have woken up hungover. I was shocked to read that pure GBL is an odorless liquid so god knows what was in my stuff. It did say 99.9% pure but I guess them were just lying. I am hoping that it was just 1,4 butanediol and not some other nasty industrial cleaner. I did get it from probably the best known UK supplier (although it now only sells to 'buisnesses').

My mind also seems a little random still. When I was doing the GBL a lot I would imagine and play out negative scenario in my mind, for instance say I was waiting to cross a road I would imagine stepping out and getting hit by a car. Or if I was going to meet someone I may imagine myself getting into an argument with them over a totally fictional situation. These imaginations themselves were not distressing, it was only when I would snap back to reality and wonder why I was doing it. I have not touched the stuff for a few weeks now and these negative scenarios have stopped although I still find myself imagining strange things from time to time, kind of like the incorrect connections you make with things when you are smoking weed.

I am now eating healthily, going to the gym, getting enough sleep and abstaining from drugs. Are there any particular supplements or foods that I could eat to help my GBL-battered neurons recover?

Thanks

GBL doesn't batter neurons- it is infact neuroprotective (who would've thought!). Nor is it odorless- you must be thinking of GHB. GBL is much better for your health than alcohol. I would be MUCH more worried about your heavy drinking. Get youself some milk thistle and NAC as well as a good multivitiman and try and treat your liver with respect!